[DRBD-user] examples of dual primary DRBD

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Fri Oct 7 21:40:25 CEST 2011

On 10/06/11 22:03, Florian Haas wrote:
> On 2011-10-06 21:43, Bart Coninckx wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> would you mind sending me examples of your crm config for a dual primary
>> DRBD resource?
>>
>> I used the one on
>>
>> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-ocfs2-pacemaker.html
>>
>> and on
>>
>> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Dual_Primary_DRBD_%2B_OCFS2
>>
>> and they both result into split brain, except for when I start drbd
>> manually first.
>
> They clearly should not. Rather than soliciting other people's
> configurations and then try to adapt yours based on that, why don't you
> upload _your_ CIB (not just a "crm configure dump", but a full "cibadmin
> -Q") and your DRBD configuration to your pastebin/pastie/fpaste and let
> people tell you where your problem is?

Maybe before diving deeper into stuff and posting configs: it just
occured to me that I could start all DRBD resources from the init script
and put them primary.

So basically I'm wondering what the added value is of having DRBD things
controlled by Pacemaker if the resources are primary all the time
anyway. (This is a Xen cluster by the way).
Maybe the risk of putting them secondary by accident?

thx,

B.