[DRBD-user] DRBD Split-Brain auto recover

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Sun Nov 27 18:08:16 CET 2011

On 11/26/2011 04:49 PM, trm asn wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have one HA NFS setup with DRBD. Primary is NFS1 server & secondary is
> NFS2 server.
>
> Please help me out to configure the auto recovery from split-brain.

You can't safely recover from split-brain automatically. Consider;

Node A saved a Fedora ISO, ~3.5GB written.
Node B saved a hours worth of credit card transactions, ~1MB written.

Which node has the more valuable data?

The best you can do is configure and test fencing so that you can avoid
split brain conditions in the first place.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron