[DRBD-user] DRBD stability issues

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Nov 18 09:52:08 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 09:20:32AM +1100, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Yep the multi resources config seems to work reliably - Thank you very much
> for all your help and pointers ...
>
> One thing is I tried to stop drbd in the secondary node, and start again
> after a while, I saw the primary they sync the whole disk - I am pretty

What makes you think so?
Anything about "full sync" in the logs?

> sure that there is no data written to the primary during the secondary off

You'd need to look in the logs, where it does the
drbd_sync_handshake:, then print some uuids (self, peer),
do a uuid_compare, and finally says "Began resync as ..."

> - Is it normal behavior?

No.

> It is rather slow process anyway -

You may want to adjust the sync rate, or the syncer c-* settings
of the dynamically adaptive resync rate controller.

> I would think it auto detect and sync partially.

It does.

--
: Lars Ellenberg