[DRBD-user] How to recover data from node3

fosiul alam expertalert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:41:33 CET 2011

Hi
I was trying to simulate the process again ..

Now when i tryed to make drbd1 as Secondary

root at drbd1:~# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
m:res         cs          ro                 ds                 p
mounted  fstype
0:home        Connected   Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C
1:data        Connected   Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C
10:home-U^^0  StandAlone  Secondary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----
11:data-U^^1  StandAlone  Secondary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----

Now as described in documentation..
in DRBD-DRS

root at drbd-drs:/# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
m:res      cs          ro               ds                 p      mounted
fstype
10:home-U  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----
11:data-U  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----
root at drbd-drs:/# drbdadm connect home-U
root at drbd-drs:/# drbdadm connect data-U

root at drbd-drs:/# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
m:res      cs            ro               ds                 p  mounted
fstype
10:home-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A
11:data-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A

so its gone back to WFconnection ..

Shall do you want me to do ?

(a) I make  primary on Low lever device on DRBD1
(B) I turn on Stacked device  on DRBD1
(c) I set secondary on Stacked devices. (DRBD2)

so Again I am missing something ..

Please help me bit more ..
Thanks for your help