[DRBD-user] Documentation; Section 6.6.1, syncer instead of net

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Nov 10 14:49:28 CET 2011

On 2011-11-10 14:28, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:12:15AM +0100, Florian Haas wrote:
>> Hi Jort,
>>
>> On 2011-11-09 23:21, Jort Koopmans wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The documentation in section 6.6.1 states that the 'verify-alg' option
>>> needs to be placed in the 'net' section, whereas in my rigs (drbd 8.3.7
>>> under Debian) this needs to be placed in 'syncer' section.
>>> Not sure how older drbd versions handle this, but this might be added to
>>> the documentation (?).
>>
>> It's there. :) Because a lot of command syntax changed in 8.4.0, we
>> decided to keep the 8.3 User's Guide around at
>> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-legacy. So for configuring online
>
> Because many people complained about the negative connotations of
> "legacy", this is available as
>
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/   respectively
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-use-online-verify.html

Well if that's the case may I suggest you add a symlink for "-8.0" too,
as that's still supported as per http://www.drbd.org/home/releases/.
(And even if it weren't, it wouldn't hurt to keep the documentation
around for reference.)

That was the original motivation for calling this stuff "legacy" rather
than "8.3" -- I wanted to avoid questions like "but I'm on 8.0/8.2 and
can't update because of $reason; does this apply to me?"

Just my $.02.

Cheers,
Florian

--