[DRBD-user] LVM and barriers

Ben Smith le.ben.smith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:23:39 CET 2011

I apologize if this information is available somewhere.  I've found various
older posts on it, but I haven't found anything that looks like a
definitive answer.

Should "no-disk-barrier" be used for a drbd device running either on top of
an LVM logical volume or for an LVM created ontop of a drbd device?  It
sounds like the barriers don't work with LVM so there's no point in using
them, but I'm hoping there's an authoritative answer out there.  Also, what
about "no-disk-flushes" and LVM?

I find on a drbd on top of a logical volume that that turning off
no-disk-barriers increases write throughput by ~ 20MB/s.

Thanks!

--Ben