[DRBD-user] My first splitbrain

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Wed Nov 9 00:01:45 CET 2011

On 11/08/2011 01:55 PM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I going to be better off to just do a create-md on the system?
>
> Gerald

No, you shouldn't have to do that.  I think it would be better to stop
heartbeat on the dead/bad/unwanted node, manually connect the DRBD
resources and get them in sync.  You can leave the current primary node
online with services running.   After they are in sync again start
heartbeat again.

And as stated before, make sure your networking is fixed.  It won't do
you any good to recover only to relive it all again if your network fails.

Good luck,
Brian

--

: Brian Hellman