[DRBD-user] My first splitbrain

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Tue Nov 8 18:02:04 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm still not sure why it happened, but I had my first splitbrain.

My clients are back up on one server, and I'm trying to figure out how to stop the splitbrain from occurring again when I plug the ethernet cables in again (both still think they are primary).

On the currently disconnected server, can I do:

drbdadm secondary iscsi.target.0
drbdadm connect --discard-my-data iscsi.target.0

and when I plug the cables back in, things should be okay?

Worst case scenario, I guess I could do a drbdadm create-md iscsi.target.0 on the disconnected server.

Gerald