[DRBD-user] DRBD sync speed is too fast comparing to my conf

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Thu Nov 3 17:18:02 CET 2011

Please remember to CC the list too!

Jake

----- Original Message -----

Not a real simple one that I know of. Maybe some of the DRBD experts here have an idea. My only thought is more complex - If you have switches that support bandwidth limiting on the switch port(s) then you could add a second NIC to each server (if you don't have already available) and set them up with a different IP's for replication link. Then limit the bandwidth on the switch ports the replication NIC's attach to to something feasible such as 50M or 30M. That way the replication links would never exceed that switch limited bandwidth. If you try something like that make sure to change your syncer rate to something that is a fraction of what you limited the bandwidth to. This is nothing I've tried/tested just sounds good in theory!

HTH