[DRBD-user] Stale NFS file handle problem

Mike mike-drbd at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu Nov 3 00:21:02 CET 2011

Hello list,

	I am working with an idential pair of boxes running debian squeeze and
have followed howto's to configure them up as master/slave replicated
with drbd + heartbeat. For the most part, everything works, replication
is happening, I can shut down the primary and the file system is still
available and I can go back and forth. However, after a switch, I get
'stale nfs file handle' errors for any files being written to at the
time the switch happens but this appears to be only for those files any
any new files touched/created have no such issue.

	I have 'fsid=1' in both /etc/exports. I am mounting the nfs server with
UDP. I have /var/lib/nfs on the shared file system. I have -t servername
on my rpc options. I have rechecked all of these on both servers. The
file system in question is an LVM volume (/dev/vg00/replicated)
containing a btrfs file system. I have looked at every google result
about this issue and nothing has seemed to help. I've changed the
nfs-kernel-server script to kill with -9 and I removed the 'exportfs
-au' lines as well. No dice.

	Any help out there?

	Thanks.

Mike-