[DRBD-user] Low.dev. smaller than requested DRBD-dev. size.

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Tue May 31 14:11:38 CEST 2011

Le -10/01/-28163 20:59, Chris Barnes a écrit :
> On 05/30/2011 2:28 AM, Lionel Sausin wrote:
>> Le -10/01/-28163 20:59, Joe Cabrera a écrit :
>>> Low.dev. smaller than requested DRBD-dev. size.
>>> (...)
>>> /dev/mapper/mars-tmp is 4TB
>>> (...)
>>> /dev/cciss/c0d0p7 is 7 TB
>> Well yes, 4TB is too small, isn't it ?
>

> If the 4tb disk is the primary, why would that matter?

Because the other node can be primary any time - so the resource has to
be the same size on both nodes.
If the resource is still empty, the fastest move is to delete the LVs
and start again with LVs of the same size.
Otherwise, I think the 7TB node could be shrunk to 4TB (after shrinking
the filesystem of course) but it may be a bit complex :
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resizing.html
Lionel Sausin