[DRBD-user] online-resizing ext3-partition on top of drbd and lvm

lowshoe lowshoe at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:47:51 CEST 2011

hi felix,

thanks your your quick response. the filesystem is indeed mission critical
:-) that's why i wanted to resize it online to avoid downtimes. but i guess
the downtime in case of a failure during online resizing would be longer
than a offline (unmounted) resize :-)

are there any experiences how long the resizing process for such a size
would take?
and one (rather silly - but i better play it safe) last question: with
"unmounted" you mean simply to unmount the overlying ext3-partition? the
drbd-device should still be active and in the connected state, right?

best regards,
lowshoe