[DRBD-user] Dual-primary/ Very slow synchronization

Daniel Brockmann meszi at musiqus.org
Fri May 20 15:00:54 CEST 2011

Am 20.05.2011 10:22, schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
> According to you, it "had been working" before with the exact same
> hardware and configuration.
>
> Now if it does not anymore, then I strongly suspect network problems.
>
> Did you do some network benchmarks on the replication link recently?
> Packet loss, excessive retransmits, checksum errors, bad cabling?
> Port stats on the switch, any error counters?
> Duplex or other auto-negotiating mismatch?
>
> Use flood ping with both large (>32k) and small packet sizes, iperf,
> your favorite network integrity checker or benchmarking tool...
I followed your suggestion and installed "iperf" which appears to give
me a far better overview than "netio". The result is that ~75MBit/s
between both 10GbE interfaces.

I also recognized some curious statistic values in the management
interfaces of the switches. Possibly I've been searching the wrong place
up to now.

I will get back with further results.

CU,
Daniel.