[DRBD-user] Xenserver 5.6 SP2 working with DRBD, was: Xenserver 5.6 FP 1 DRBD crash

Alex Kuehne alex at movx.de
Fri May 20 14:09:12 CEST 2011

Quoting Alex Kuehne <alex at movx.de>:

> Quoting Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com>:

>>> Here it is: http://p.0wnz.at/205018
>>> The global_common.conf is used as shipped. This is the same config I
>>> use with lower versions.
>>
>> Ok thanks. I guess that's some bogon in drbdadm that has been fixed
>> already and will be pushed public tomorrow together with a bunch of
>> other updates, probably labled "rc2" .
>
> 8.3.10rc2 also don't work on FP1. Good news is that drbdadm is
> working ok. Next week I will fallback to 5.6. Thanks for all your
> efforts.
>
> BR
> Alex Kuehne

Guys,

This is a follow-up to that old thread where I had massive problems on
Xenserver 5.6 FP1. Citrix recently released Xenserver 5.6 SP2, which I
tested today with DRBD 8.3.10. It is working like expected. There's
only one minor issue which is not important to me: output of
drbd-overview does not show the LVM volume on top of the DRBD
resource. Since pvscan returnes a valid result I don't consider that
as a real problem. I hope for Citrix they wont break DRBD again with
their next service pack for Xenserver.

Thanks for DRBD and keep up the good work!

BR
Alex Kuehne