[DRBD-user] Dual-primary/ Very slow synchronization

Daniel Meszaros spam at meszi.de
Fri May 20 10:38:37 CEST 2011

Am 20.05.2011 10:23, schrieb Felix Frank:
> On 05/20/2011 10:12 AM, Daniel Meszaros wrote:
>> I tried syncing with 10M last night and indeed it became faster than
>> before and was around 10MB/s. Using "drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 syncer -r 20M"
>> and so on I could increase the sync speed up to 70M ... then it
>> interrupted and a new bitmap check started.
> Is it possible that you're facing some sort of weird networking issues?
>
> You stated earlier that you were doing "netio" benchmarks. I trust that
> those exclusively used the link that DRBD uses as well?
Of course. But AFAIK "netio" just measures the network throughput. And
as "netio" showed > 200 MByte/s I don't expect the network to be to blame.

> If you can go to 50MBps, that should get you somewhere, even if it takes
> some time, no?
The 1st problem is that it interrupted after a while (didn't just run
slow but continuously but stalled after a while) and 2ndly it disturbs
the virtual guests' services. Therefore I tend to search for some wrong
setting in relationship with the I/O of the disks. ;-)

CU,
Daniel.