[DRBD-user] Dual-primary/ Very slow synchronization

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu May 19 15:48:11 CEST 2011

On 05/19/2011 09:23 AM, Daniel Meszaros wrote:
> Am 19.05.2011 15:19, schrieb Felix Frank:
>> On 05/19/2011 03:16 PM, Daniel Meszaros wrote:
>>>          syncer {
>>>              al-extents 511;
>>>              rate 2048M;
>>>          }
>> This is a lot. How much bandwidth do you have, anyway?
>>
>> Does this work? Does "drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show" report that same syncer
>> rate?
>
> No, it is far less. But it worked with around 200 MB/s before ... with
> the same setup. And when running "drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 syncer -r 250M"
> the sync speed still did not improve. :-/
>
> CU,
> Mészi.

Setting a sync speed greater than the actual possible speed can hurt
performance. You said that you sustained ~200M before, right? Try
setting the sync rate to 180M and see if that works any better.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin:  http://nodeassassin.org
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."