[DRBD-user] drbd force reboot

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Thu May 19 09:54:48 CEST 2011

Le -10/01/-28163 20:59, Joe Cabrera a écrit :
> We have two machines setup with DRBD currently. The block device DRBD
> was not up to date and thus I thought DRBD was not running. I took one
> of the machine down for maintenance. When I took it down, the other
> machine performed a force restart. I take determined from the logs that
> the DRBD daemon forced a reboot.
>
> This is a major problem, I do not want DRBD to force machines to
> shutdown. Why is this occurring?
The default configuration in some linux distros (debian/ubuntu for
example) has a reboot performed when the condition is critical, because
it's the only safe thing to do.
Look for a script called notify-emergency-reboot.sh in your drbd config
(/etc/drbd.d/global_common.conf on debian/ubuntu).
If you prefer to not reboot, I think you must take care to stop all the
services that depend on your DRBD resource because DRBD won't serve IOs
under those circumstances and your processes will hang (someone please
correct me if I'm wrong of course).
Lionel