[DRBD-user] Restarting IPtables caused split-brain and OCFS2 corruption?

bart at timedout.org bart at timedout.org
Tue May 17 23:47:49 CEST 2011

Herman wrote:
> I made a change to IPTables, and did a "service iptables restart", and
> next thing I knew, I had a split brain.

Are you sure it was a split-brain on DRBD level, or perhaps OCFS2
"freaked" out and nodes started fencing each other?

Default OCFS2 cluster rules have quite low timeout levels -- I used to
have some problems with default settings even in active/standby mode.

'service o2cb status' should be able to tell you timeouts etc.  If it's
going to be 2000ms, I would raise it to something around 10000ms and try
reloading firewall then.

I have DRBD running on few nodes and reloading firewall, although I am
using filtergen -- so 'fgadm reload' -- never caused any issues with
neither DRBD nor OCFS2.