[DRBD-user] DRBD protocol C + SCST blockio doesn't sync data

j.Lucas lukasz.jurewicz at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:12:45 CEST 2011

Hello DRBD users

I am using DRBD version 8.3.10.
I have no problems with creating DRBD resource.
The problem appear when i export drbd device over scst using blockio.
When i use fileio all looks to be fine, but i definitely see problem on
blockio.
Scst blockio is really important for me, so start using fileio is not a
solution for me.

In "perfect world" in my understanding of protocol C in DRBD statistics oos
should be 0. Both nodes should be connected, uptodate.
But when i export for example /dev/drbd0 using scst blockio i can connect my
initiator and write data. From initiator side i see no errors at all.
But on my servers i see:

1) Primary (iSCSI-SCST target)

version: 8.3.10 (api:88/proto:86-96)
GIT-hash: 5c0b0469666682443d4785d90a2c603378f9017b build by root at test2.box,
2011-02-15 17:12:46
 0: cs:Connected ro:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r-----
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:39304260 dr:90632 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b
oos:39254512

2) Secondary

version: 8.3.10 (api:88/proto:86-96)
GIT-hash: 5c0b0469666682443d4785d90a2c603378f9017b build by root at test1.box,
2011-02-15 17:12:46
 0: cs:Connected ro:Secondary/Primary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r-----
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:1 ap:0 ep:2 wo:b oos:0

After write about 35GB of data to my primary resource, secondary resource is
reporting UpToDate state.
When i run on secondary resource: "drbdadm down repdata && drbd up repdata"
sync process start.

I tried tcpdump between drbd resources and i can tell that there is no data
traffic.
I tried lots of DRBD configuration but no luck. On default and minimal DRBD
configuration it also doesn't sync the data.

Thank You for help and informations.

--
Lucas