[DRBD-user] How to mount drbd partition without drbd services running?

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon May 16 12:27:14 CEST 2011

On 05/15/2011 12:13 PM, struct wrote:

> We are running mysql database on top of DRBD to have failover/redundancy.
> Lately our database have been running into long queries and we are
> suspecting it could be related to when sync happens between two drbd nodes.
>
> So we want to turn off all drbd services and mount the partition to test to
> rule out if DRBD is the culprit I'm for the DRBD but others think it is. so
> I need to mount it without the services. is this possible?

If you are prepared to create new metadata and do a full sync when
you're done, you most definitely can.

If you have sufficient space somewhere, you can alternatively make a dd
image of the partition and restore that after your tests are done. You
can then resume DRBD operation seemlessly.
If you have that space on the same machine, the best choice would of
course be to mount the image instead of the backing device.

Regards,
Felix