[DRBD-user] handling I/O errors scenarios

motyllo8 motyllo8 at tlen.pl
Tue May 10 12:45:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have cluster in Active/Passive configuration. Currently I am trying to support situation when I/O errors occur. I noticed that in drbd.conf default behaviour is halt node with failed disks. This is a little bit brutal for me. What kind of other scenarios are here taken into account, if any?
I was considering only disconnecting replication for resources where I/O errors occured and then promoting second node, but as I know this is not possible when resource is in Diskless state (btw. why?):

drbdadm disconnect myresource
0: State change failed: (-2) Refusing to be Primary without at least one UpToDate disk
Command 'drbdsetup 0 disconnect' terminated with exit code 17

Best regards