[DRBD-user] KVM on multiple DRBD resources + IPMI stonith - questions

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Thu Jun 23 21:54:45 CEST 2011

On 06/23/2011 11:33 AM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> So, short of taking the long way around and spending weeks more studying the
> whole Pacemaker/OpenAIS universe, what's the simplest way to a reasonably
> dependable two-host KVM-VM-on-LVM-on-DRBD private cloud?

I don't think the cluster software is quite ready for primetime in Ubuntu.
I have high hopes for the next LTS (12.04?).  In any case, you'll need the
ubuntu-ha ppa now.

If you're not looking to live clustering replacement of downed KVM guests,
you can get clvm running by just configuring corosync then disabling the
corosync & clvm init.d scripts (update-rc.d disable) and creating one to
run /usr/sbin/aisexec.

I know this topic isn't directly drbd related, but I do know how hard it is
to find good clustering help for Ubuntu.  You can email me offlist if you
need any extra help.