[DRBD-user] Performing crm failover using crm node standby

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Jun 22 14:02:05 CEST 2011

On 06/22/2011 01:44 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
(by introducing sync detection into the DRBD RA's monitor)
> Pacemaker could then disregard that state for PE recalculations
> altogether (unlike a failure), but issue an event, record the
> information in the CIB status section and display a degradation warning
> in crm_mon.

That would be splendid. As you rightly guessed, one of my primary
concerns was that crm_mon does in fact not indicate the syncing state of
DRBD, currently.

(concerning automatic failover)
> In that case, the SyncSource does not go away, and
> DRBD has a node to fetch good data from.

Right - I hadn't thought this through.

It's good to know that it's possible to engineer another safe-guard
against this problem. Seeing as enough care during manual interventions
will keep us save, this issue is settled from my point of view. An
enhanced RA would be appreciated, of course.

Thanks,
Felix