[DRBD-user] Device is held open by someone

Dileep Nayak tech.disscuss2011 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:36:20 CEST 2011

Thanks Herv

I’ve checked the output of command “lvs”.

The output from the server where the problem “State change failed: (-12)
Device is held open by someone” is still exist.

[root at abaco-a bin]# lvs --noheadings

  lnpdb    vgdrbd0 -wi---   2.00G

  mysql    vgdrbd0 -wi---   6.00G

[root at abaco-a bin]# lvs --noheadings -o lv_attr

  -wi---

  -wi---

The output from the server where problem doesn’t exist.

[root at elap2A bin]# lvs --noheadings -o lv_attr

  /dev/drbd0: open failed: Wrong medium type

 [root at elap2A bin]# lvs --noheadings

  /dev/drbd0: open failed: Wrong medium type

Any idea what could be wrong here?

On 22/06/2011 09:52, Dileep Nayak wrote:

> Thanks Lars for your reply.
>
> DRBD is used in conjunction with Linux-HA in a High Availability
> configuration to replicate data between the Active and Standby servers.
>
> Our product is running LVM (Logical Volume Manager) on top of DRBD.

*Maybe you should check LV attributs:
$ lvs --noheadings -o lv_attr $LVM_VG/$LVM_LV
$ lvchange -an $LVM_VG/$LVM_LV
$ man lvchange

*

thanks