[DRBD-user] Performing crm failover using crm node standby

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Jun 22 10:53:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

during testing, I noticed that the DRBD RA will happily stop a DRBD
that's currently being SyncSource.
So if I want to migrate my services to the peer by issuing a "crm node
standby", the SyncSource goes away and leaves my cluster in a bad state
because the peer cannot become master. (Interesting: Even after the
SyncSource resumes, the crm won't go ahead and promote either side - but
that part is probably rooted rather deeply).

Would it make sense to have the stop action of ocf:linbit:drbd fail if
the peer is known to be Inconsistent?
Then it would probably be desirable to wait for the timeout as defined
in the cib (and enforced by the crm), I think.

My tests were conducted using DRBD 8.3.8 and pacemaker 1.0.9.1.

Regards,
Felix