[DRBD-user] DRBD resync QoS

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Wed Jun 22 04:28:55 CEST 2011

On 06/21/2011 09:51 PM, wang xuchen wrote:
> Digimer,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I come up with the number 300M from DRBD official website "A good rule
> of thumb for this value(rate parameter) is to use about 30% of the
> available replication bandwidth. ". I use 10G Ethernet card for
> replication traffic, 1024M * 0.3 is 300M. What wrong with my calculation?
>
> Ben

That is your network speed. Have you calculated your maximum disk I/O?

During resync, you should see how quickly the resync is running at. Is
it actually going at ~300MB/sec? If your IO is well over 300MB/sec, then
I am not sure off hand what is causing the slowdown.

Are all ten DRBD resources on the same set of drives? If so, then
perhaps the disks' read/write heads are flogged? To test, can you
'pause-sync' on all but one resource at a time and see if performance
returns? If it does, then resume-sync one resource at a time and see at
what point the performance becomes unacceptable.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."