[DRBD-user] DRBD device held open by someone

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jun 22 00:01:49 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:10:41AM +0530, Dileep Nayak wrote:
> TThanks Matt for your reply to the issue "*DRBD device held open by someone*
> ".
> Today the below problem has been seen again.
>

>  State change failed: (-12) Device is held open by someone

Sometimes it is just udev or equivalent doing a race.
Sometimes it is a unix domain socket or similar still held open
(won't necessary show up in lsof/fuser).
Sometimes it is some device mapper targets not yet taken down.
Sometimes it is nfs locks not being properly released (in time).

What do you use DRBD for, what sits on top of it?

--
: Lars Ellenberg