[DRBD-user] Issue with Addition of Node

Jason Huselton jason.huselton at W3MediaGroup.com
Fri Jun 17 22:36:09 CEST 2011

Just to confirm, that did fix.  Calculated the output size for the dd command and that resolved.  Thanks for your help.

Hi,

On 06/15/2011 11:04 PM, Jason Huselton wrote:
> dd if=/dev/zero of=xvdb bs=1M count=303104

how do you arrive at that number of megabytes? Is "xvdb" a plain file on the host system?

> ****  Jun 15 15:04:13 mnfs1 kernel: [13135515.545889] block drbd1: The peer's disk size is too small!

Yes, this is the exact problem.

> --Current Primary--
> Disk /dev/xvdb: 322.1 GB, 322122547200 bytes
>
> --Current Secondary (rebuilt vm instance)?
> Disk /dev/xvdb: 317.8 GB, 317827579904 bytes
>
> (One note I just noticed, do the /dev/xvdb need to be the same size?)

No, as the log you pasted indicates, your new device needs to be at least as big as the original one.

Cheers,
Felix

End of drbd-user Digest, Vol 83, Issue 20