[DRBD-user] Building drbd

Josef Vogt josef.vogt at li-life.li
Thu Jun 16 16:25:20 CEST 2011

Hi there
I have two questions regarding the build process (I'm using RHEL6).

After doing a

./configure --without-heartbeat --without-xen --with-km --without-rgmanager

make clean all
make rpm KDIR=/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-xy...86_64/

the drbd xen/rgmanager/heartbeat packages are built anyway. But the
Makefile seems to be correct. Why is that?

In the Changelog to 8.3.10 there is written:

"Only build a single kernel module package on distributions that provide
the infrastructure to have kernel version independent modules"

How would I do that?
Thanks for your help!
Joe