[DRBD-user] RBD device held open by someone

Dileep Nayak tech.disscuss2011 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:00:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

Anybody has any idea while stopping the drbddisk resource, why the following
error is thrown?

[*root@]# /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk drbd0 stop*

*State change failed: (-12) Device is held open by someone*

*Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 secondary' terminated with exit code 11
*

*/sbin/drbdadm secondary drbd0: exit code 11, mapping to 1*

*[root@]#***

I checked the status of the LVM resource which is already stopped and seems
to be offline.

**

*[root@]# /etc/ha.d/resource.d/LVM vgdrbd0 status*

*    Using volume group(s) on command line*

*    Finding volume group "vgdrbd0"*

*2011/06/16_12:01:40 INFO: LVM Volume vgdrbd0 is offline*

*2011/06/16_12:01:40 INFO:  Resource is stopped*

*INFO:  Resource is stopped*

*[root@]#*

* *

Any help in this regard is appreciated.