[DRBD-user] Multi-disk devices possible?

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jun 6 09:35:01 CEST 2011

On 06/03/2011 07:33 PM, Sebastian wrote:
> Instead of the above dd, do I need to use something like:
> [root at Openfiler2 etc]# dd if=/dev/sdb2 of=/dev/sdc1
> ?  Or will that clone the LVM stuff like the LV UUID and whatever else LVM
> writes?

Yes, you will want to dd the backing device.

Seeing as LVM is atop DRBD, I don't think you will be able to go through
with this without cloning the LVM stuff. But then, I don't see how this
is problematic, either.

You will end up with the LVM -> DRBD -> LVM "sandwich". Myself, I'm not
particularly fond of the concept, but it's known to work quite well.

Good luck,
Felix