[DRBD-user] "Simple" LVM without clvmd?

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Fri Jun 3 08:50:33 CEST 2011

Hi

Naturally, you can use drbd without clvm if you use standard
primary/seconadry scheme and run lvm on primary only. Probably you can also
lock LVM metadata operations using locking_type = 4 on host you are not
going to run lvm commands on. The main problem of this approach is that you
won't have your VGs and LVs activated on the 'passive' host until you do
vgchange -a y on it, and on startup either. This can be fixed, of course, by
means of cron and rc scripts.