[DRBD-user] 'yes' just isn't accepted by drbdadmin in an init.d context

Whit Blauvelt whit+drbd at transpect.com
Thu Jun 2 15:15:12 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:03:29AM -0400, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> Another thing that's odd in this situation is that the keyboard is fully
> working in SOL, and appears to be working in Console Redirection too, yet I
> can't get a 'yes' through to drbdadmin. I can get a CR through to it, just
> not 'yes'. Weird.

The funny thing is, even with a keyboard plugged right into the system, and
otherwise fully working, drbdadmin run from the init.d script will not
accept 'yes' input.

Sure, being there I was able to boot into recovery mode and fix things. But
drbdadmin's 'yes' input mechanism looks to be broken, at least in the
version I'm running, at least when run from init.d. If it hadn't been, I
could have fixed this all remotely.

Best,
Whit