[DRBD-user] can't remove directory with a few million files

Joseph Hauptmann joseph.hauptmann at digiconcept.net
Mon Jan 31 17:06:25 CET 2011

Am 2011-01-31 16:25, schrieb Marcelo Roccasalva:

> The fastest solution is to format the filesystem, but this is not
> always possible. If you can remove al files in the directory, the
> fastest I/O friendly command could be:
>
> ionice -c 3 rm -rf /directory

thanks ,-)
tried that as well. the problem is, that it still completely locks
I/O-access to the disk (only this lvm to be exact) from time to time
while deleting. the only work around that seems to work is deleting each
file separately in a loop and add very short sleep (eg. for i in $(find
subdir/ -type f); do rm -f $i $$ sleep 0.02; done ).
that now takes forever, but at least the DRBD-device doesn't block anymore.

--
Joseph Hauptmann

/digiconcept/ - GmbH.
1080 Wien