[DRBD-user] switching to Protocol C

Muhammad Sharfuddin M.Sharfuddin at nds.com.pk
Mon Jan 31 07:12:15 CET 2011

OS: SLES11 SP1 x86
SLE HAE 11 SP1
DRBD version: 8.3.7
/dev/drbd0 is an oracle file system(/opt/oracle)

We are having serious performance issues when using DRBD over a very
slow but a very reliable WAN link(2.5 Mbps).
As of now we are using Protocol C, and now we are considering to use
Protocol A.

Anyone please suggest/recommend/comments

--
Regards,
Muhammad Sharfuddin | NDS Technologies Pvt Ltd | cell: +92-333-2144823 |

Micro$oft had developed .NET trading platform for the London Stock
Exchange(LSE), claiming that it provided "five nines" reliability.
After suffering extended downtime and unreliability the LSE announced in
2009 that it was planning to drop its
Micro$oft solution and switch to a Linux based one in 2010.

Your Linux is Ready
http://www.novell.com/linux