[DRBD-user] Random write performance drop on SSD

j.Lucas lukasz.jurewicz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:55:03 CET 2011

Hi List

I have big write performance drop when use drbd on my SSD disk.
Normally i have on read 25k iops and write 10k iops when i run performance
test on my SSD disk.
When i configure drbd in "cs:StandAlone" i have only 2k iops on write and
24k on read.

I am using drbd version 8.3.9 downloaded from drbd.org.

I tried to change tuning parameters like described in "Part V. Optimizing
DRBD performance" but it doesn't help to get result near 10k on write

So is this write performance drop as expected, and drbd is working
correctly, or is there something wrong to cause this?

I do not post my drbd config file, because i have lots of them, and they
didn't allow me to get more that 3k iops on write.

Thanks

--
Lucas