[DRBD-user] Local Asynchronous Replication

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Tue Jan 25 20:26:34 CET 2011

> Not that I'm advocating against DRBD usually, but just make sure you do
> not overlook the parts about write-intent bitmap and write-behind mode
> on the mdadm man page.

Well, after doing some checking into these options, it looks like the
write-intent bitmap has some possible performance implications that make
me hesitant to use it.  However, write-behind combined with write-mostly
mode on the mirror disk may just do the trick.  I wonder if performance
of the write-intent bitmap is any better when combined with write-behind
and write-mostly?  I'm guessing not.

So, the only other concern with using Linux software RAID becomes making
sure that it behaves correctly in situations where the secondary (iSCSI)
device is lost.  Actually, I'd be more concerned with the opposite
scenario - what to do if the primary device ever fails and then comes
back.

Anyway, that's for a different mailing list - thanks for the tips!

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.