[DRBD-user] Bonding [WAS repeated resync/fail/resync]

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Fri Jan 14 20:19:14 CET 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Joe Landman wrote:

> Ok, you might want to try an update of this, current version is 2.4.12.

How interesting. I upgraded from igb 2.1.0-k2 to 2.4.12, rebooted, and
without changing anything else, DRBD sync performance has dropped through
the floor; it's less than a fifth of what it was previously. All rx off,
tx off, gro off, mtu=9000, etc. With iperf, I get 1.98 Gb/sec.

Whether or not it is actually working correctly I will not know until
tomorrow; it claims to be another 26 hours before the volume (1.8 TB) has
finished syncing. Too slow to be useful in any event.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,282 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"