[DRBD-user] DRBD over USB 3.0 ?

Christoph Adomeit Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de
Thu Jan 13 17:02:02 CET 2011

Hi,

I always wondered if there is a way or if it makes sense to use
USB 3.0 for DRBD.

In this list we discuss lots of ways for interconnecting machines
like gbe, 10gbe, bonding, dolphin and so on. But they are all quite
costly and USB 3.0 already does up to 5 Gbit/s for a few bucks.

Why isn't usb 3.0 used in this area ? Could it be done ? Are there
IP over USB implemetations which are reasonable fast ?

Greetings
  Christoph