[DRBD-user] Sunshine screen with XenServer 5.6 FP1

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jan 10 09:13:19 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 01:59:32PM -0500, Rom Zhe wrote:
> Hi guys. Have some updates and more info for you.
> While trying to tackle the problem from dif. angles, I installed plain HDD
> in one of the servers and put XS 5.6 FP1 on it, also
> gave DRBD /dev/sda3 on the same drive. Before server booted from flash card
> (perhaps not fast enough to capture crash info) and data was on RAID
> volumes.
> This time around I was able to see what happened behind "sunshine screen"
> (also got crash and other logs generated).
>     <1>BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004
>     <1>IP: [<c01b9abc>] bio_free+0x2c/0x50
>     <4>*pdpt = 00000004fe3ed027 *pde = 0000000000000000
>     <0>Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
>     <0>last sysfs file: /sys/class/net/lo/carrier
>
> I'm attaching snapshot of "OOPS" and a few log files hoping this will shed
> some light on what's really causing this
> and how to fix it.. As I understand this problem was confirmed by Jodok (or
> maybe it's dif. issue).. Any thoughts?

Is that reproducable also with 8.3.8.1?
or only with 8.3.9?

Are you aware of the 8.3.9-y branch?
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drbd-8.3.9-y

If that does not help, I'd suggest you managed to get a broken build
or drbd (not exactly matching your xen dom0 kernel).

--
: Lars Ellenberg