[DRBD-user] Write performance tuning of protocol C

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 6 15:11:11 CET 2011

On 1/4/2011 2:46 AM, Sean McCreadie wrote:

> I have tested write performance using fio and right now the best I can
> get is write throughput and IOPS that are about 50-75% as good as with
> drbd replication disabled.

Were you able to get closer to the throughput in non-replicated
configuration when using protocol A instead of C? Using very much the
same params as in your configuration, I see that protocol A buys me
better latency but not any further bandwidth.

I'm on 500 MB/s for replicating one drbd lun, 1GB/s for two and the same
for three. My underline interconnect is Infiniband/DDR whose bandwidth
is 1900MB/s. These disks can yield 1600 MBs for drbd read test or write
test when the connection is off. So I'm also hitting some unknown (yet,
to me) bottleneck...

Or.