[DRBD-user] DRBD and KVM for a HA-Cluster ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Thu Jan 6 14:19:20 CET 2011

	On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:

		On 01/05/2011 09:14 AM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
		> Is it possible to synchronize such logical volumes (no filesystem and not mounted) with DRBD ? What do you think about my setup ?
		<snip>
		 Also, be aware that you should run the VMs only on nodes that are
		UpToDate. If the node's DRBD resource is still sync'ing and the UpToDate
		disk goes away, the Syncing resource will go Secondary and your VMs will
		crash. You can always live-migrate the VMs back once the sync is complete.

	You'll want to run DRBD in active-active (aka dual primary) mode for Live Migration capability.

I want to run my DRBD-devices on logical volumes, because they are easy to resize. Assume that i have two nodes with one kvm in each case. The KVM is being installed in a a plain LV, without filesystem and without being mounted. The lv's are synchronised with DRBD. Do i need clvm or lvm ?

Bernd