[DRBD-user] DRBD and KVM for a HA-Cluster ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Jan 5 15:14:53 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm planning to create a HA-Cluster with two nodes: The nodes are running SLES 11 SP1, the services i want to make ha are running on several VM's (one VM for one service) on these nodes. My idea is to synchronise the storage with DRBD and not to use a SAN. It is possible to install a KVM VM into a plain logical volume (the lv has no filesystem and is not mounted).
Is it possible to synchronize such logical volumes (no filesystem and not mounted) with DRBD ? What do you think about my setup ?

Thanks for any answer.

Bernd