[DRBD-user] Error: "FATAL: Module drbd not found" while compiling v8.3.6 from source

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Feb 21 19:40:16 CET 2011

From: Virajith Jalaparti <virajith.j at gmail.com>
> This did create a kernel module at
> "/lib/modules/2.6.18.8-xen/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.ko". However,
> when I do a "modprobe drbd", I still get an error saying "FATAL:
> Module drbd not found".

You remembered to run depmod -a after installing the module, right?  Lots of
people forget to do that when building out-of-tree kernel modules.  Also, make
sure that "uname -r" == "2.6.18.8-xen", because if it doesn't, then the drbd
module was built against the wrong kernel source tree.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows