[DRBD-user] Identifying High iowait on DRBD Computers

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Feb 17 07:41:56 CET 2011

While performing a resync, iostat shows that nodeA (primary) is doing
almost all reads while nodeB (secondary) is doing almost all writes,
which is expected. However, I'm trying to see the names of the processes
that are doing the reading and writing. I tried enabling
/proc/sys/vm/block_dump and checking dmesg, but most of what I see in
there is kjournald. Do DRBD processes not show up in kernel debug
output? If not, how do I isolate the source of constant 25-50% iowait on
a computer running DRBD?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - February 16, 2011
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.