[DRBD-user] LVM and DRBD

Roland Friedwagner roland.friedwagner at wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Feb 16 15:26:42 CET 2011

IMHO this has nothing to do with drbd.
It is probably a problem with your LVM.

You may add "r|/dev/dm-.*|" to your lvm filter list.
But this should be equal as your current lvm filter
filter = [ "a|drbd.*|", "a|md.*|", "r|.*|" ]
ignores it already.

But you get /dev/dm-3 as PV for VG vm and dm-3 is the same
as /dev/system/drbd.

So clean up you lvm cache (to be sure)
rm /etc/lvm/cache/.cache

Do vgscan -vvv (3vvv!) and you can also see how the regexes of you
filter gets applied.

And final check your distros lvm.conf in initrd.
You may to have to recreate initrd if you change the lvm filter.
And keep a backup boot entry, because you may miss your root fs on
reboot when it does exclude your system VG.

--
Roland.Friedwagner at wu.ac.at            Phone: +43 1 31336 5377
IT Services - WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)