[DRBD-user] migrating data to DRBD

Diego Remolina diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 15 17:48:37 CET 2011

This just seems to me like a simple case of copying data from machine A
to whichever is the master out your B/C drbd configuration (if you are
running drbd master/slave).

On machine A:

rsync -avz --stats --progress /path/to/your/data B_fqdn:/path/to/destination

Not really a drbd question.

Things to consider:

1. Make sure B and C are properly configured with DRBD and heartbeat for
fail over.

2. Test fail overs between B and C.

3. Copy your data with rsync

4. Make sure that the user account space from A is the same as B and C
so that all file permissions are correct.

HTH,

Diego