[DRBD-user] Preinstalling single host for later primary-primary setup

Tobias Crefeld tc at cataneo.eu
Tue Dec 20 13:58:50 CET 2011

Am Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:55:15 +0100
schrieb Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com:

> You need to promote this node to primary.
> drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary r0
> should do the trick.

Perfect, works!
Thanks well!

> Also you will need some sort of clusterware to controll your drbd
> later on, unless you want to be the meatware-clusteragent doing
> everything manually.

At present we run only minor important virtual machines on these
clusters, so short interruptions will be acceptable. In addition we
first want to get more familiar with this HA-stuff before establishing
more automation.

> also please update to at least 8.3.11 there was a nasty bug in the
> peer outdater in 8.3.10  - I am not sure if it hits you in dual
> primary, but it hit us pretty hard on one of our test systems in an
> active/passive configuration.

Thanks for the advice!

Our installations are based on an article at the Proxmox-site
(wiki-article + forum-thread) that suggested to install drbd-utils,
version 8.3.10 because Proxmox' kernel is using this one. At present
I'd prefer to keep their kernel untouched but I see the long list of
fixes and enhancements that 8.3.11 brings.

Regards,
 Tobias.