[DRBD-user] Antwort: Preinstalling single host for later primary-primary setup

Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com
Tue Dec 20 10:55:15 CET 2011

You need to promote this node to primary.
drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary r0
should do the trick.
Also you will need some sort of clusterware to controll your drbd later
on, unless you want to be the meatware-clusteragent doing everything
manually.
also please update to at least 8.3.11 there was a nasty bug in the peer
outdater in 8.3.10  - I am not sure if it hits you in dual primary, but it
hit us pretty hard on one of our test systems in an active/passive
configuration.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Robert Köppl

Systemadministration

KNAPP Systemintegration GmbH
Waltenbachstraße 9
8700 Leoben, Austria
Phone: +43 3842 805-910
Fax: +43 3842 82930-500
robert.koeppl at knapp.com
www.KNAPP.com

Commercial register number: FN 138870x
Commercial register court: Leoben

The information in this e-mail (including any attachment) is confidential
and intended to be for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you have
received the e-mail by mistake, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use
of the contents of the e-mail is prohibited, and you must delete the
e-mail from your system. As e-mail can be changed electronically KNAPP
assumes no responsibility for any alteration to this e-mail or its
attachments. KNAPP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for virus. However, KNAPP
does not accept any liability for damage sustained as a result of such
attachment being virus infected and strongly recommend that you carry out
your own virus check before opening any attachment.

Tobias Crefeld <tc at cataneo.eu>
Gesendet von: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
19.12.2011 21:39

An
drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Kopie

Thema
[DRBD-user] Preinstalling single host for later primary-primary setup

I just started playing around with drbd, so sorry if I'm still not
familiar with concepts and tools of drbd.

After installation of the first pair of servers in primary-primary-mode
it worked immediately without problems. I now want to set up another pair
of
servers. OS is Debian-Lenny (Proxmox).

But there two differences:
 - local storage for drbd-device is md (= Linux soft-RAID) with RAID-0
 - Initially there is only one server available; the other should be
added if the first one is running.

Meanwhile there is a device /dev/drbd1 and "drbdadm up r1" can be run
without error messages, but the device isn't available for tools like
parted or pvcreate:

pve-153:~# parted /dev/drbd1
Error: Error opening /dev/drbd1: Falscher Medien-Typ
 ( = incorrect media type ?)

pve-153:~# pvcreate /dev/drbd1
  Device /dev/drbd1 not found (or ignored by filtering).

drbd-version is 8.3.10

/etc/drbd.conf:

global { usage-count no; }
common { syncer { rate 30M; } }
resource r1 {
        protocol C;
        startup {
                wfc-timeout  15;
                degr-wfc-timeout 60;
                become-primary-on both;
        }
        net {
                cram-hmac-alg sha1;
                shared-secret "XYZ";
                allow-two-primaries;
                after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
                after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
                after-sb-2pri disconnect;
        }
        on pve-153 {
                device /dev/drbd1;
                disk /dev/md2;
                meta-disk internal;
                address 192.168.31.10:7788;
        }
        on pve-154 {
                device /dev/drbd1;
                disk /dev/md2;
                meta-disk internal;
                address 192.168.31.9:7788;
        }
}
# fini

pve-153:~# cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.3.10 (api:88/proto:86-96)
GIT-hash: 5c0b0469666682443d4785d90a2c603378f9017b build by phil at fat-tyre,
2011-01-28 12:17:35

 1: cs:WFConnection ro:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown C r----s
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b
oos:405990004

TIA,
 Tobias.