[DRBD-user] Resizing while Secondary is OFF-Line?

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Dec 12 13:11:46 CET 2011

Hi,

On 12/12/2011 12:36 PM, Christian Völker wrote:
> Well, it doesn't. Put the device down (umount of FS done before, of
> course) with "drbdadm down drbd0". Did a "drbdadm resize drbd0" which
> ended in:
> drbdadm resize drbd0
> 0: Failure: (138) Device does not have a disk-config

of course - this is not what's described in the very User's Guide page
you linked earlier:

"""
Unconfigure your DRBD resource [right so far]
Save the meta data in a text file prior to shrinking [do this]
Grow the backing block device on both nodes.
Adjust the size information ( la-size-sect) in the file /tmp/metadata
accordingly, on both nodes. Remember that la-size-sect must be specified
in sectors.
Re-initialize the metadata area. [yes, this is butcher's work]
"""

So yes, you will have to jump through a few loops. Setting up the
secondary first will make it a lot easier, if you can manage it.

Cheers,
Felix